viernes, 30 de enero de 2009

Nicolas


Today is a very special day to me for many reasons. Not only because I will turn 4 but because for all of us children with special needs, the fourth birthday is the date that seals our fate.

I arrived in Artemovsk when I was only 4 months old, straight from the hospital where they treated me after I was born. From that day I have been here for these almost 4 years which are all my life. I have had many friends who are home today with their mamas and their papas. I have met many good people who have given me their love and warmth. For a little over a year now I also have my youngest brother here, he helps me and takes care of me when I need him. He shares his pichinias with me and teaches me how to play with the toys. I am an amazingly happy child and everybody here loves me very much.

Today is a very special day to me for many reasons. Today we will have a very rare event here in the house: a real birthday party. All my "groupa" will be here, as well as my "bratchik Santiago", but most importantly, my parents will be here!!! I don't think anything like this has ever happened in this house before. Today they will all be here for me. For my fourth birthday!!!

Today is a very special day to me for many reasons. Today is the day that I will not leave the Baby House to go to some Institution where my parents would have never been able to find me. Today everyone will sing "Happy Birthday" among the laughter and happy faces of all my caretakers who will sing to me in Russian while they clap with joy because they know everything that this day means to me.

Today I feel happier and more alive than ever!! Today I will walk better. Today I will play more. Today I will smile more! Today I will learn how to say new words. Today I feel like I am being born again into the family that God had promised.

I am dying to meet my older sisters who will take care of me. I am dying to meet the brother that has my papa's name. Santiago and I will join them very soon and we will finally start to live as the big family that we were destined to be since All Eternity.

Today is a very special day to me for many reasons. Today is MY day. Today we start the final countdown for the day when my bratchik Santiago and I will be the ones to say "paka, paka" to this house that until now we called home. Today I begin to close this chapter and a new world opens before me, a world full of new colors, scents, textures, sensations and many other things that will help me grow and develop big and strong like all the other kids.

Today is a very special day to me for many reasons...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario